INNOVATION IN TOURISM? HOW TO TAKE THE SECTOR TO THE NEXT LEVELApril 26, 2021
Thailand COVID-19 Situation as of 25 April, 2021, 11.30 Hrs.April 26, 2021
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform travellers that 31 types of business venues and gatherings deemed high-risk for spreading COVID-19 have been ordered closed or to adjust operating hours for two weeks from 26 April to 9 May, 2021.
The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) also announces that mask wearing is compulsory, and everyone must wear a mask at all times when at both indoor and outdoor public spaces.
Venues and gatherings under the BMA’s restrictions are:
- Cinemas and theatres.
- Waterparks and amusement parks.
- Skate and rollerblade venues, or other similar venues.
- Snooker and billiard halls.
- Bowling lanes and gaming kiosks.
- Gaming and Internet shops.
- Swimming pools and similar service venues.
- Fitness centres.
- Exhibition halls, trade centres, and convention facilities.
- Children’s nurseries except in hospitals.
- Elderly day care centres except overnight services.
- Boxing stadiums and boxing schools.
- Martial arts schools.
- Tattoo service shops.
- Dancing schools or similar service venues.
- Horse racetracks.
- Buddha amulet sales stalls.
- Weight-control service venues, cosmetic clinics, aesthetic clinics, and medical clinics that offers aesthetic treatments.
- Health spas, massage shops, and beauty treatment shops.
- All types of racetracks.
- Public event grounds; such as, concert stages, Thai folk theatres, and outdoor cinemas.
- Meeting and banquet venues both in and outside hotels.
- Sports stadiums.
- Public parks, event grounds, outdoor exercise venues, and sports grounds.
- Beauty salons and barber shops can open for hair washing, haircut, and hairstyling, but no queues in premises.
- Convenience stores can open from 05.00-22.00 Hrs.
- Shopping malls, department stores, community malls can open from *11.00-21.00 Hrs., but are not allowed to hold any sales promotion activities while restaurants must apply social distancing measures.
- No gatherings, group camping activities, film or television shootings, religious ceremonies, or family meetings with more than 20 participants.
In addition, restaurants and food and beverage outlets outside shopping malls and community malls can open for dining in until 21.00 Hrs., and for takeaway until 23.00 Hrs. All must apply social distancing rules.