Global Exhibitions Day (GED) recognises the important role that trade exhibitions play in driving economies throughout the world. The COVID-19 pandemic has had significantly detrimental, and potentially lasting, effects on the global economy, across nearly all business sectors and regions. Exhibitions have traditionally played a role in bolstering and growing economic sectors, but this year they will play a new role – rebuilding and recovering communities.
The 2021 GED campaign will focus on just how instrumental exhibitions are in creating platforms for growth and recovery, while also instilling confidence in others to participate in organised events that prioritise safety and success in equal measure.
While the event is hosted by the global association of the exhibition industry, UFI, all members of the sector are encouraged to join the GED celebrations on 2 June by recognising the impact of exhibitions on local economies – both in building businesses and connecting people all around the world.
Anbu Varathan, UFI President says: “Now in its sixth year, GED is a perfect opportunity to celebrate the exhibition industry and raise the sector’s profile as one of the most vital contributors to economic recovery. Let’s celebrate Global Exhibitions Day together on 2 June 2021!”
From videos to meetings with policy makers, webinars to hybrid events, webcasts to social campaigns, virtual running parties, and more, UFI would like to invite all event industry professionals and enthusiasts to get ready for and get involved in the many different events that will be taking place around the world – and help make GED2021 the best Global Exhibitions Day yet!
How to contribute to this year’s GED, and become part of a dynamic global community:
- Regularly visit globalexhibitionsday.org for updates and developments
- Join a local GED2021 initiative or be inspired to set up your own
- Follow GED2021 on social media via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, WeChat and LinkedIn
- Encourage peers and colleagues to participate
- As in previous years, GED partners have been collaborating on this important day of advocacy for the exhibitions industry, and UFI – will soon share the results of this ongoing collaboration on the GED2021 website.