The Three Passes Trek is a complete Everest region circuit, a classic venture over some of the highest mountain passes in the world. Navigate the Kongma La (La means Pass) (5535 meters), the highest of the passes, to the Cho La (5420 meters). Incline to the pristine Gokyo Lakes before climbing to the Renjo La Pass (5345 meters).
While trekking the three passes, trekkers can trek and witness three unbelievable peaks: Gokyo Ri (5360m), Kala Patthar (5545m), and Chukkung Ri (5550m). Each of these peaks offer an exclusive viewpoint on the Everest region lunar-like landscape. Although you will be trekking and witnessing the peaks and passes, you will also be able to say you visited Everest Base Camp which is the most famous trek in the world, at the belly of the world’s tallest mountain. During the trek, we pass through two famous glaciers: Ngozumpa Glacier and Khumbu Glacier.
It is necessary to place in the work to see these views. We first fly to Lukla, which is the entrance point to the Everest region. Follow the path through Sherpa villages and lavish agricultural fields above the DudhKoshi River. Formally enter Sagarmatha National Park just above Monjo and ramble till Namche Bazaar. While here and throughout the trek, enjoy learning about Sherpa culture and tradition. They are the ethnic group that reside the region and you will find desire in understanding their way of life.
After our awesome time at Namche bazar , we reach Tengboche Monastery and feel energized by the spiritual and natural energy of the place. This slow and stable acclimatization process lets us to enjoy the trek to its fullest potential.
The three passes trek is a challenging trip. However, those who have the determination will be rewarded with the debatably the best views in all the Himalaya. Witness Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and a gathering of other rugged peaks in all their glory and beauty. Enjoy a perspective that can only be rivaled by Everest Helicopter Tour. If you take sufficient time to acclimatize and have a proper rest day throughout the trek, it will be a successful and memorable trek.
The Three Passes Trek can be done throughout the year. It is recommended and suitable to go on a trek during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These seasons provide the best weather and clearest skies and awesome views of Himalayas.
- Trek a circuit around the whole mastiff of Everest region.
- Amazing and eye-catching views of the highest mountains in the world.
- Cross three different challenging and beautiful 5,000 m passes: Renjo La, Cho La and Kongma La.
- Leave the masses of the Everest Base Camp trek behind.
- Along with the adventure, you can get a close vision into the life of the Himalayan Sherpa people and learn about their cultures and traditions as well.
- You will catch the finest and closest view possible of Mt. Everest from Kala Patthar (5545 meters).
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Difficulty: Moderate to Strenuous
- Style: Trekking and Tour
- Transportation: Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Accommodation: Trekkers Hut
- Group Size: 1 to 20
- Max Altitude: 5,545m