Ministry of Commerce and Industry listed the conditions to organize massages services for men.
The ministry made this announcement on its Twitter account stating that this initiative falls within the framework of the ministry’s role in supervising, monitoring and regulating commercial activities and taking the necessary measures to protect consumers’ rights and to promote a safe business environment.
Applicable conditions and terms in shops that provide massage services for men:
1. The store must have a glass front. It is prohibited to use tinted glass, curtains or any material that obstruct the view of people inside the store.
2. To carry out massage services separately from barber shop services.
3. To comply with the scheduled opening and closing hours, between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
4. To comply with health measures and requirements in terms of cleaning the shop and used tools and equipment, while paying attention to the personal hygiene of employees.
5. To ensure employees obtain medical certificates proving that they are free from contagious diseases and are qualified to offer massage services.
6. To comply with the precautionary and preventive measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).