The Department of Health has issued 15 instructions to open hotels in cases of coronavirus. This instruction has been given on the advice of 6 public health experts.
Experts have studied and reviewed the relevant technical guidelines from China and other countries and prepared these guidelines for Bangladesh, according to the Department of Health.
The 15 guidelines for opening a hotel include:
- Before opening, anti-epidemic materials such as masks, disinfectants, etc. should be collected. Emergency plans need to be made. Disposal area of emergency infected object should be established. Ensure accountability of all units and strengthen staff training.
- Establish health monitoring systems for employees. Record the health status of the staff on a daily basis and arrange timely treatment for those who will feel ill.
- Install temperature monitors in the hotel lobby to measure the temperature of those entering the hotel and allow only those with normal temperatures to enter.
- Increase ventilation in the office. When using the central air conditioner, run the air conditioner at the normal level. Increase pure ventilation. Make arrangements so that the exhaust air does not re-enter.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of door handles and other public utilities such as elevators and public toilets that come in frequent hand contact. Disinfect equipment and utensils in the guest room after each use. Emphasis should be placed on cleaning and sterilizing food dishes. . The entrance desk of the lobby and elevator, front desk and verandah of the guests should be kept clean and tidy and dirt should be cleaned in time. . Provide adequate amount of liquid soap for hand washing in public toilets and ensure general functioning of water supply system. . Arrange to maintain a distance of 1 meter on the front desk line to remind guests and visitors to maintain a safe distance.
- Strengthen personal security of staff. Forced to wear a mask. Hand hygiene should be taken care of. Arrangements should be made to install hand disinfectants or hand disinfectant inductive devices at the front desk and in such places which dry quickly at the entrance of the elevator in the lobby.
- Everyone should cover their mouth and nose with tissue or elbows while sneezing.
- Guests must wear masks.
- At the same time, activities such as gathering, eating together, training, meetings and hospitality should be reduced.
- Strengthen the delivery of health knowledge through posters, electronic screens and bulletin boards.
- If there are confirmed Covid-19 patients, disinfect as per the instructions of the local health authority. At the same time the air conditioning and ventilation system has to be cleaned and disinfected.
- Restaurants in medium and high risk areas need to reduce business hours.